tax filings

From Ask the Expert:

I run a non profit corporation that's license exempt daycare and receive payment through a state program (childcare initiative). The payments I receive from the state are 1099. What tax forms do I file and do my teachers have to be 1099 too?


Have you set up a 501(3)(c)? If so, you need to file a Form 990 each year with the IRS. If you and your teachers earn money from the non-profit, you should be paying wages and deducting and paying payroll taxes.

You can check out my pages on Payroll on the navigation bar to the left on this page.

Hope that helps!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask the Expert!.